Durham County Council (2009 -)
Reference: DCC/FRS Catalogue Title: Durham County Council (2009 -) Area: Catalogue Category: Local Authority Records Description: County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Covering Dates: 1988 - 2015
Related Information
Catalogue Index
Use
and
to reveal/hide the structure of the catalogue index (requires Javascript to be enabled in your internet browser options). Click to jump directly to information at a specific level of the catalogue.
- Durham County Council (2009 -)
Catalogue Description
Combined Fire Authority was created by Durham Fire Services in 1996 and its headquarters are located in Belmont Business Park in Durham. The service covers the area of about 2,500 square kilometres with population of 620,000 people.Catalogue Contents
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (Ref: DCC/FRS)Headquarters (Ref: DCC/FRS 1/)Ref: DCC/FRS 1/1
Prints of digital photographs of the old National Fire Service building in Barnard Castle, Crook Lane, n.d. [2015]
The National Fire Service operated from building in Barnard Castle, Crook Lane from 1948 to 1960s, when it moved to premises in Wilson Street. The building itself stopped being used by the Fire Service in 1969 and went into state of disrepair. In 2015 it will be demolished in order to build quad emergency services facility here for the Fire Authority and the Teesdale and Weardale Mountain Search and Rescue Team.
(1 file)
Durham County Fire Brigade Headquarters, Framwellgate Moor Fire Station (Ref: DCC/FRS 2/)Plans (Ref: DCC/FRS 2/1/)These plans were transferred in September 2015 when the Fire Brigade Headquarters site was sold for development.
Ref: DCC/FRS 2/1/1Ground floor plan of the fire station, administration block, training school and basement showing location of electrical installations, December 1988
by County Architect Peter Benwell
(1 plan, 119 cm x 86 cm)
Ref: DCC/FRS 2/1/2First floor plan of the fire station, administration block, training school and basement showing location of electrical installations, December 1988
by County Architect Peter Benwell
(1 plan, 119 cm x 86 cm)
