Peterlee St. Cuthbert Parish
Reference: EP/Pet Catalogue Title: Peterlee St. Cuthbert Parish Area: Catalogue Category: Ecclesiastical Parish Records Description:
Covering Dates: 1953-2019
Catalogue Index
Use and
to reveal/hide the structure of the catalogue index (requires Javascript to be enabled in your internet browser options). Click to jump directly to information at a specific level of the catalogue.
- Peterlee St. Cuthbert Parish
Catalogue Description
After the designation of the new town of Peterlee and the appointment of the New Town Development Corporation, building in the town began in 1953. Soon after, Anglican worship started in a wooden community hut on Crawford Avenue. Anglican worship later moved to Yoden Road Common Room. The current church of St. Cuthbert opened in late 1957. The church hall and vicarage were both built later in 1967. Due to problems with the construction of the vicarage it was demolished in 1989 and a new vicarage was built in 1990.Catalogue Contents
Registers of baptisms 1962-1971 and 1971-1989 have gone missing from the church
1/1, 1/28/1
1/2-6, 17-20, 22-25, 1/29/1-2
Ref: EP/Pet 1/21/7-16, 1/26/1
Ref: EP/Pet 1/71/21, 1/27/1-2
Ref: EP/Pet 1/212/1, 10
Ref: EP/Pet 2/12/2-9, 11-15, 19-20, 2/21/1-3
Ref: EP/Pet 2/22/16-17, 2/25/1-3
Ref: EP/Pet 2/162/18
Ref: EP/Pet 2/182/23/1-3
Ref: EP/Pet 2/23/16/17-18
Ref: EP/Pet 6/172/22/1-3
Ref: EP/Pet 2/22/12/24/1
Ref: EP/Pet 2/24/14/2-3, 5, 8-10
Ref: EP/Pet 4/24/1, 4, 7, 13
Ref: EP/Pet 4/14/12/1-6
Ref: EP/Pet 4/12/14/17
Ref: EP/Pet 4/174/6, 4/16/1
Ref: EP/Pet 4/64/14/1
Ref: EP/Pet 4/14/14/15/1
Ref: EP/Pet 4/15/14/11
Ref: EP/Pet 4/116/1-4, 6-7, 19-27, 6/30/1-8
Ref: EP/Pet 6/16/8-10
Ref: EP/Pet 6/86/11, 29/1-2
Ref: EP/Pet 6/116/12-16
Ref: EP/Pet 6/126/5
Ref: EP/Pet 6/56/28/1-2
Ref: EP/Pet 6/28/16/31
Ref: EP/Pet 6/3113/1
Ref: EP/Pet 13/114/1
Ref: EP/Pet 14/114/2
Ref: EP/Pet 14/214/3/1
Ref: EP/Pet 14/3/114/4/1-2, 14/5
Ref: EP/Pet 14/4/1Focus was a monthly newspaper published by the Church of England for the town of Peterlee
14/6/1-9